We make it easy to
protect your legacy
We come to you
There is no need to come and see us. Our specialists come out to your work or home at your convenience.
No charge for will consult
We don’t charge for the Will draft, changes or amendments to your Will, or for the collection and safekeeping of your Will.
Save on excessive fees
Save on: Executor Fees, Testamentary Trust Fees, Conveyance Attorney Fees, and Policy Claims Administration.
Top 5 consequences of
Not having a will
- You forfeit the opportunity to decide who inherits what and your Estate is distributed according to South African law. This means people who you may not have wanted to benefit from your Estate may inherit your Estate.
- Your Partner may be left with nothing if you are not married or your Will is not updated from a previous marriage.
- Your Children’s inheritance could pass to the Government Guardian’s Fund or appointed Guardian rather than to a Trust that will ensure your wishes for them are carried out.
- Family feuds often occur when family members argue over the distribution of your Estate when final wishes are not clearly documented in a Will.
- Winding up your Estate can take years as without a Will appointing a professional Executor, the government is essentially in control of the process.
Top 5 important costs
- Executor fees – You need a professional to wind up your Estate. Professionals cost money and Executors can charge up to 3.5% + VAT of the value of your Estate in order to do the work. This could be hundreds of thousands
of Rands and if you don’t have this money available the Executor is entitled to auction off your assets to pay his fees.
- Immediate expenses – When you pass away, your bank accounts could be frozen and your family could have limited access to money. Our Immediate Liquidity™ Benefit
makes sure you have money available for the funeral, travel, groceries and any other immediate expenses.
- Testamentary Trust fees – If you are leaving an inheritance to minors, you need to set up a Trust upon your death in order for them to inherit your assets. Trust and ongoing Trustee
fees can erode their inheritance. Our Legacy Protection Plan™ covers all these fees to ensure your Legacy is protected.
- Monthly living expenses – Estates can take months, if not years, to wrap up and families mistakenly assume their Estate will pay the monthly ongoing expenses
such as lights, rent, groceries, etc. but the funds are often tied up until the Estate is finalised. Our Estates Overheads Protector™ helps cover these essential monthly bills.
- Taxes – Most people leave their entire Estate to their Spouse, but if both of you pass away and your Children inherit everything
then Capital Gains Tax and other legal fees are triggered. Our Estate Gap Cover™ will pay a cash benefit to the second Spouse’s Estate to cover the burden of these additional taxes and legal fees.