Main purpose of the job
- Supporting the Financial management team to effectively execute the responsibilities of the team.
- Financial transactions, which includes payment of accounts; Allocation of deposits; reconciliations; etc.
- Supporting the management members with financial transactions.
- Managing high volumes of work.
- Reconciling moving target.
- Financial operating systems
- Business financial transaction requirements
- Sound financial management of cost and income.
- Allocation of new deposits.
- Interest and fees calculation and allocation
- Processing of payments on banking systems.
- Bank reconciliations
- Asset updates
- Assist with year-end audit process.
- Adhoc tasks
Most common challenges and problems
- Payment process experienced by Clients.
- Volumes of bank reconciliations and queries and maintaining accuracy of transactions
- Loss of income experienced by clients and Sanlam Trust if payment process is delayed
- Customer experience
- Sanlam Trust management team
- Other departments of Sanlam Trust
- Financial Systems and Financial concept and principles
- Computer skills (MS Excel advanced level)
- SAP experience advantageous
- Matric with Mathematics or Accountancy
- Financial Degree or Diploma
4. Experience (period)
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar role within a financial role
5. Experience (type)
- Processing of financial transactions
Key competencies required
Sanlam core competencies
- Being resilient
- Cultivates Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Drives results
- Communicates effectively
- Financial acumen
- Concern for accuracy
- Plans and aligns